The festival of colors is finally here and people have a great reason to celebrate because it’s Holi. People across the country are excited to ring the colorful festival with Duleti on Thursday evening, March 1st, and Holi on Friday, March 2nd. Many girls and guys celebrate Holi with colors, water guns, and traditional sweets and snacks among friend circle, whereas some play with organic colors, while few decide to only exchange greetings with family and friends, or watch Holi programs on TV.
Few States where Holi is played greatly
Holi is mainly played in some of the states including Uttar Pradesh, Bihar, Odissa, West Bengal, Punjab, and Gujarat. In the regions of Mathura, Braj, and Nandagaon (U.P.), Holi celebration starts a week in advance as they rejoice an ideal ritual called Lath Maar Holi. Men play around with shields while women beat on them with sticks or lath. The significant part of Holi in U.P. is gujiyas, bhang, thandai, puri sabzi, chaat, malpuas, and laasi. Bengalis convey the Holi festival as Dol Jatra and Odiyas as Basant Utsav. The fun-filled colorful Holi paints the city with popular songs and dances like ‘Balam Pichkari’, ‘Swag Se Swagat’, ‘Badri Ki Dulhaniya’ title track, ‘Holi Ke Din’, ‘Go Pagal’, ‘Ang Se Ang Lagana’, ‘Hori Khele Raghuveera’, ‘Rang Barse’, Aaj Na Chodenge, and ‘Do me A Favor Let’s Play Holi’.
Play Safe Holi
- Go natural: It’s recommended to everyone who plays Holi to go natural with a variety of available herbal colors, rather than chemical-mixed dyes. You are saved from having allergies or skin rashes after play. Avoid those cheap chemical-based colors. Natural colors are the best and absolutely safe.
- Wear oil or moisturizing lotion before play: Make sure to put on almond oil or coconut oil on your skin, including your hands and legs, face, and also apply oil to your hair. Girls should tie up their hair with a rubber-band before going out to play. Holi colors will leave off the skin soon when you have applied oil before play. Guys and girls can apply moisturizing lotion too and go out to play. Girls can also use a waterproof sunscreen to guard their skin from sun damage. One can also wear a cap or a colorful band to cover their hair from being colored by friends.
- Shop right: Kids and children can buy Holi accessories from shops and online stores like masks, pichkaris, wigs, and glasses. People should purchase colors from trusted places only.
- Select light colors: Children and elders should use light colors like yellow, green, pink, red. The dark colors like black, purple, and dark blue colors should be avoided.
- Wear sunglasses and light colored dresses: You can wear sunglasses to protect your eyes while playing. Those who wear contact lens should remove it. If by chance color enters your eyes, rinse it with cold water. Also, wear light colored dresses while playing with colors.
- Drink lots of water: While playing your body tends to dehydrate, so it’s advised to intake water from beforehand.
- Eat yummy Holi dishes: People can try out yummy dishes on Holi, like gujiyas, bhajiyas, dahi bhalla, mathri, pani puris, kachoris, malpuas, namak pare, sweet lassi, etc. They can make delicious Holi recipes at home.
- Gift your loved ones: Holi is a bright occasion to greet your loved ones with nice gifts. You can buy online gifts from Amazon, Flipkart, or from the nearby gift stores and surprise your family and friends. You can also keep sweets and snacks dishes ready at your drawing room so that when your neighbors come to greet you and call you for playing, you can offer them.
Wishing everyone a very Happy Holi! May this occasion bring all the colors of love and happiness today and always! Play a safe Holi with friends and family! 🙂
Follow me as google.com/+SanghamitraRoychoudhary
Latest posts by Sanghamitra Roychoudhary (see all)
- 5 Best Gift Ideas for Ganesh Chaturthi - Sep 18, 2018
- Colors launch Bigg Boss Season 12 from 16th September 2018 - Sep 15, 2018
- 5 Effective Steps to Prevent Cardiovascular Disease - Sep 14, 2018