Much before a New Year begins; dates of launches and occurrences are noted and decided. A proper planning helps make the long-term thinking fall into place perfectly. A lot of preparations need to be made for those big dates so that those events like launches, sports, movie launches, political sessions, elections, weddings, etc can be executed superbly without fail. Every year this tradition continues; so we’ve put an annual list of prominent dates on the calendar of 2018 that every individual should be aware of!
Significant Dates to be Remembered:-
- First January is the 200th anniversary of Mary Shelly’s cult classic Frankenstein.
- Under-19 Cricket World Cup begins in New Zealand on 13th Captain Prithvi Shaw has a big chance to emulate Virat Kohli.
- The Union Budget is likely to be presented on 1 February.
- From 8 February onward, Supreme Court will start regular hearings in Ayodhya dispute case.
- Assembly elections are due in Meghalaya, Tripura, and Nagaland.
- Russian presidential election is on 18th Putin may be up against Ksenia Sobchak, dubbed Russia’s Paris Hilton.
- India’s second moon mission, Chandrayan-2, will be launched in March.
- First public cinemas are likely to open in Saudi Arabia.
- Commonwealth Games begin on Gold Coast, Australia, on 4 April. India has high medal hopes.
- Indian Premier League 2018 will begin on 4 April and will continue for approximately 1 month 17 days.
- Assembly elections in Karnataka will test Siddaramaiah.
- Prince Harry and Meghan Markle tie knot on 19 May.
- Parliamentary elections are due in trouble-torn Iraq where ISIS remains a potent threat.
- Goldsman Sachs will set up trading desk for digital currencies like Bitcoin.
- FIFA World Cup begins in Russia on 14 June.
- Saudi women start driving from 24 June, breaking an age-old taboo.
- Pakistan’s general elections will be held on 15 July, after the PML-N government completes its tenure.
- On 31 July, NASA will launch a mission to touch the sun.
- 18th Asian Games in Indonesia will introduce eSports or competitive video gaming.
- France will most probably ban mobile phones in schools.
- There will be polls in Brazil. Tainted ex-prez Lula could run, and win.
- Men’s Hockey Cup in Bhubaneshwar from 28 November.
- Bollywood movie Thugs of Hindustan, starring Amitabh Bachchan and Aamir Khan.
- US mid-term elections will take place.
- Elections are due in Congress-ruled Mizoram and BJP-ruled states of MP, Rajasthan, and Chattisgarh.
Hope you guys watch the above events on the mentioned dates on Television and stay more updated this year! 🙂
Follow me as google.com/+SanghamitraRoychoudhary
Latest posts by Sanghamitra Roychoudhary (see all)
- ‘Kehne Ko Humsafar Hain’ Streaming Now On AltBalaji: A Unique Web Series - Mar 22, 2018
- Colors showcase a New Show “Bepannaah” from March 19 - Mar 20, 2018
- Effective Tips to Stay Perfectly Healthy At Your Office - Mar 15, 2018