England and West Indies are equally enthusiastic as they’re set to play against each other in Kolkata, in ICC World Twenty20 final on Sunday 4th April at 7 PM. England’s men reached the final with a brilliant match win over New Zealand on last Wednesday, whereas West Indies sealed their finale spot on Thursday with a striking victory over host India.
Match: England Vs West Indies
Venue: KolkatKolka, Sunday, 3rd April
Timing: 7 PM onward
Climate: Fine Weather
Just like every other World Cup, this year’s edition of ICC World Twenty20 championship has given its viewers few unforgettable on-field moments which will remain in the minds of the fans forever. It showcased some amazing performances, perfect celebrations, and sights of celebrities cheering for team India.
This tournament has certainly been a visual delight with 10 many countries playing against each other.
- Bollywood megastar Amitabh Bachchan sang the Indian national anthem beautifully before the India-Pakistan match. he made his presence felt everywhere.
- After his match-winning half-century against Pakistan, Virat Kohli bowed down to Sachin Tendulkar who was standing from the stands.
- England, riding on a fairy-tale knock by Joe Root, chased down South Africa’s high score 229 runs. The tag of ‘chokers’ was back to haunt South Africa.
- Nobody dances like West Indies cricketers, whether celebrating victories on field, or at parties. They have approached with few ideal dance moves based on Dwayne Bravo‘s new song called ‘Champion dance‘.
- In a heart-warming gesture, Virat Kohli gifted one of his prized bats to Pakistan pace sensation Mohammad Amir before their match at Eden Gardens, who was thrilled and couldn’t thank Kohli enough.
- Though Australia lost against India, Shane Watson walked out of International cricket in superb style, making essential contributions in his last match.
- Pakistan’s bad run in the tournament made captain Shahid Afridi return to pavilion in despair.
- Afghanistan was in great spirit when they defeated West Indies. But WI quickly celebrated by doing their famous ‘Champion dance’ and it was heartening to watch Chris Gayle clicking selfies along with Afghans, and joining in their celebrations showing his sportsman spirit.
England Goes to Finals
England reaches final, beating New Zealand by seven wickets in Semi-Final 1 on 30th March. All thanks to Jason Roy who was England’s batting hero by scoring 78 runs. He was declared Man of the Match!
England 159-3 (17.1 overs) won to New Zealand 153-8 (20.0 overs) by six wickets.
Cheers to England team to be in finals!
West Indies entered the Finals
In the Semi-Final 2 held on 31st March, West Indies beat India by 7 wickets to enter into finals of ICC World Twenty20!
WI (196/3 in 19.4 overs) won against India (192/2 in 20 overs) in order to fight with England in Finals. They really played superbly to make their place in finals. Though India too batted amazingly with a big score, but because of no balls and dew on field, they couldn’t succeed to win this time.
Lendl Simmons became the Man of the Match!
Final Match in Kolkata
Kolkatta audiences will be excited to see 2 big teams, England and West Indies fighting for victory. England is anticipating that their strong batsman, Morgan, having two golden ducks, returns to form in final, and Windies too are having similar anticipation from Marlon Samuels, their powerful batsman who hit match-winning 78 runs in 2012 final against Sri Lanka. Windies also have the biggest support system with wig-hitting and most-sought T20 cricketer Chris Gayle taking the lead charge, and of course Lendl Simmons who gave his striking performance against India on Thursday.
As both team’s batsmen, bowlers and fielders are remarkable, every player will showcase their talent on the field to topple the opponent team. Whichever team bats first will try to put a huge score that may become difficult for the other team to chase. So both England and WI have to give their outstanding performance for winning the World Twenty20 trophy!
Team England: Eoin Morgan (C), Jason Roy, Joe Root, Alex Hales, Jos Buttler (WK), Ben Stokes, Moeen Ali, Chris Jordan, David Willey, Liam Dawson, Adil Rashid, Liam Plunkett, Sam Billings, Reece Topley and James Vince.
Team West Indies: Darren Sammy (C), Johnson Charles, Chris Gayle, Lendl Simmons, Andre Russell, Marlon Samuels, Denesh Ramdin (WK), Dwayne Bravo, Samuel Badree, Carlos Brathwaite, Sulieman Benn, Jason Holder, Jerome Taylor, Ashley Nurse and Evin Lewis.
Watch out the final match of ICC World Twenty20 – England Vs West Indies on Star Sports channel, and ‘HotStar‘ Sports at 7 PM! All the best to both teams. We’ll update the winner team later. Stay tuned!
Follow me as @SanghamitraRch on Twitter.
Latest posts by Sanghamitra Roychoudhary (see all)
A proficient Web Content Developer (Technical and Non-Technical Writer), Blogger, and Freelance Content Writer. A happy author of www.w3buzz.in! She is a creative person, always eager to learn new aspects, and seeking new ways for improving skills in her field. She loves traveling & photography; also, a sports enthusiast!
Follow me as @SanghamitraRch on Twitter.