Karva Chauth is a splendid festival celebrated by married Hindu women for one day. This is the most-awaited occasion that means a lot to married girls who observe a complete fast for the almost whole day, from early sunrise till the moon rises in the evening. Fasting is also kept by them for the safety and longevity of their husbands. Karva Chauth will be celebrated in happiness and gaiety.
This celebration is observed in the Kartik month on Chaturthi, which is the fourth day of Krishna Paksha, according to the Hindu lunisolar calendar. As per the Amanta calendar, Karva Chauth is celebrated in Gujarat, Maharashtra, and South India during Ashwin month. Karva Chauth is also celebrated by Bollywood actresses in their homes in a great way.
Karva Chauth Special
On the day of Karva Chauth, married girls are showered with amazing gifts from their hubbies and in-laws varying from jewelry, bangles, lehenga-choli, sarees, heena, and other distinct traditional gifts. Married women feel loved, excited, and satisfied after they get those wonderful gifts from their families.
On Karva Chauth occasion, married women get up early and take bath before sunrise, and have ‘sargi’ that consists of sweets, fruits, dry fruits, gujiyas, light snacks, etc prepared and presented on a plate. Generally, mothers-in-law send sargi for their daughters-in-law on Karva Chauth.
Women won’t drink a single drop of water after that till they finally get to see the moon. In the evening time, they dress up superbly in red sarees or chaniya-cholis along with jewellery. The newly wedded girls wear their bridal red dresses. They go to someone’s place, and sit in rounds with other women accompanying them and listen to Karva Chauth Vrat Katha. They worship Lord Shiva with Goddess Parvati and son Kartikeya.
It is quite tough for women to remain whole day thirsty and also without food, as they can break their fast only after the moon rises in the sky. Then the women perform aarti of their hubbies. They even take blessings from them by touching their feet. Further hubbies give a sip of water and a small bite of food. Hence, the women take the elders’ blessings and vrat ends on a happy note. Get-togethers and parties are held where homemade dishes are prepared and everyone has a great time.
Few Nice Tips for Karva Chauth Preparation
- Select a pretty bright outfit for yourself: Women need to look beautiful and great on Karva Chauth occasion. They should buy a new eye-catchy outfit that would look superb on them, along with matching accessories. They should look like a bride on this day. They can choose traditional yet modern chaniya-choli or saree for them.
- Beauty treatments: They should hit beauty salons for making their skin glow on Karva Chauth. They can go for facials and get a new haircut that would suit their style. Others include manicure, pedicure, and waxing. They can even visit parlors in the afternoon on Karva Chauth day to add makeup and look marvelous.
- Nail paint and Mehendi: Mehendi has been compulsory for this day. Women wear mehendi of beautiful designs on their hands. Nail paint has also been popular among girls as this has become a craze with bright nail colors.
- Perfect Hairstyle: Instead of keeping hair simple, women can try out stylish braids, or can go with step-cut and keep hair open for flaunting. They can even try out wave haircuts or soft curls that look fine with their dress. If they want to tie up their hair, they can use fancy juda pins to tie the bun to cover the hair intact.
- Never-to-be-missed style items: Women should always ensure to wear mangalsutra, sindoor, bangles, and small bindi on Karva Chauth. They should also add eyeliner and lipstick to look fresh and brightening.
Hope all the married women enjoy their Karva Chauth evening with their families and friends! Happy Karva Chauth to the pretty women across the country who are celebrating their special day for their hubbies! 🙂
google.com, pub-3862145386704795, DIRECT, f08c47fec0942fa0
Follow me as @SanghamitraRch on Twitter.
Latest posts by Sanghamitra Roychoudhary (see all)
A proficient Web Content Developer (Technical and Non-Technical Writer), Blogger, and Freelance Content Writer. A happy author of www.w3buzz.in! She is a creative person, always eager to learn new aspects, and seeking new ways for improving skills in her field. She loves traveling & photography; also, a sports enthusiast!
Follow me as @SanghamitraRch on Twitter.