Star Plus is returning back with exciting comedy package “Khichdi 3”. Khichdi series has always been loved by people and this time too it’s been most-awaited, especially by children and kids. Khichdi 3 will begin from April 14, Saturday-Sunday on Star Plus at 8 pm. Khichdi 3 is produced by JD Majethia and Aatish Kapadia under Hats Off Production.
The original casts will be there in this show covering Anang Desai, Supriya Pathak, Vandana Pathak, and Rajeev Mehta, with new additions Ratna Pathak Singh reprising her mother Dina Pathak’s role of Badi Maa from Khichdi, first season. Renuka Shahane will do a cameo role and Deepshikha Nagpal also joins the team of Khichdi 3. In this season, showrunner JD Majethia’s daughter Mishri and writer-producer-actor Aatish Kapadia’s son Agastya make their debut in Khichdi 3 playing the children’s characters Chakki and Jackie.
Plot/Story of Khichdi 3
The comedy show, Khichdi 3 covers the crazy adventures of the Parekh family who are a well-known Gujarati joint family. They stay in their old house and experience many numbers of daily circumstances that happen in an Indian family, yet they handle them in their own individual style. The whole family is completely mad. They are a favorite of pop culture. Their days are exciting with odd jokes for one another that will make others laugh.
Everyone in that house will be seen pulling Babuji’s (played by Anang Desai) leg. Then there is Praful (played by Rajeev Mehta) and Hansa (played by Supriya Pathak) who enjoy each other’s company always. Praful does those things that he isn’t supposed to, whereas Hansa provides him full support, conveying in her own peculiar way. Hansa makes an approach to her hubby Prafful saying ‘Prafful, Iska Matlab’ when Prafful tells her wrong answers. Audiences would love to hear the comic satire between Prafful and Hansa. The two kids, Chakki (played by Mishri) and Jackie (played by Agastya) have grown up and shared a great bond with Jayshree (played by Vandana Pathak). Khichdi 3 will offer its viewers with a complete package of comic drama, laughter, fun, and enjoyment.
Star Casts of Khichdi 3
- Ratna Pathak Shah as Badi Maa
- Anang Desai as Babuji
- Rajeev Mehta as Praful
- Supriya Pathak as Hansa
- Vandana Pathak as Jayshree
- Mishri Majethia as Chakki
- Agastya Kapadia as Jackie
- Vindhya Tiwari as Kashmira
- Deepshikha Nagpal
- Renuka Shahane
- Rajeev Mehta
- JD Majethia
- Balvinder Singh Suri
Characters in Khichdi 3
- Tulsidas Parekh: The role of Tulsidas Parekh is played by actor Anang Desai who is the head of the Parekh family. Though he is often seen in bad mood but has a nice heart. He holds an old ancestral home called “Mohan Niwas”. His wife, Damyanti Tulsidas too stays with him in that house. At no cost, Tulsidas isn’t willing to sell off his loved house, though his children are persuading to do so. He seems to be quite fed off of his family, though he loves them to the core. He is dearly called Babuji by his family members.
- Jayshree Parekh: Actress Vandana Pathak is playing the role of Jayshree Parekh, the widowed daughter-in-law of Tulsidas. Jayshree is the wife of Bharat, Praful’s brother. She handles the house management, loves to gossip, especially over phone chit-chatting with her Ba (mother), also loves cooking. Her goal is to sell out Mohan Niwas so that she can live in an apartment independently. Jayshree and Hansa are childhood friends. Jayshree even annoys Tulsidas when she serves tea to Babuji.
- Praful Parekh: Praful Parekh played by Rajeev Mehta is the eldest son of Tulsidas. He understands things at face value often which leads to hysterical situations. He does all the wrong things that make Babuji go mad at him. He even translates English words for Hansa, his wife in an incorrect way that is often laughed off or seems irritating on his silly English.
- Hansa Parekh: Supriya Pathak plays the role of Hansa Parekh in Khichdi 3. She is always dressed in a rich way and is seen wearing a gajre (flower strings) on her hair. She seems very much silly, in fact, more than Praful. She doesn’t understand English at all. So, she tells Praful to translate them that turns out to be comic. She is never interested to work in her home. She keeps repeating, ‘I’m so tired (Mein to thak gayi bhaaisahab).
- Chakki Parekh: Richa Bhadra acts as Chakki Parekh, daughter of Praful and Hansa. She is very intelligent, unlike her parents. She uses a catchy phrase often along with her cousin Jacky often, ‘Bade Log Bade Log’.
- Jackky Parekh: Yash Mittal enacts the role of Jackky Parekh, the only son of Jayshree. He too is bright and smart and says ‘Bade Log Bade Log’ with Chakki.
The Telecast of Khichdi 3
- Serial Name: Khichdi 3
- Telecast channel: Star Plus
- Days of Telecast: Saturday-Sunday
- Telecast time: 8 pm.
- Release Date: 14th April 2018
- Genre: Sitcom, Drama Comedy
google.com, pub-3862145386704795, DIRECT, f08c47fec0942fa0
After successful running of Khichdi from 2002 to 2004, followed by its sequel, Instant Khichdi in 2005 and 2006, and then Khichdi: The Movie in 2010, now producer JD Majethia and Aatish Kapadia are approaching with Khichdi 3 which will be appreciated by viewers for its superb comedy! Hence, watch out for Khichdi 3 along with your family, every Saturday-Sunday at 8 pm. 🙂
Follow me as @SanghamitraRch on Twitter.
Latest posts by Sanghamitra Roychoudhary (see all)
A proficient Web Content Developer (Technical and Non-Technical Writer), Blogger, and Freelance Content Writer. A happy author of www.w3buzz.in! She is a creative person, always eager to learn new aspects, and seeking new ways for improving skills in her field. She loves traveling & photography; also, a sports enthusiast!
Follow me as @SanghamitraRch on Twitter.