The season of ICC Champions Trophy that started off on 1st June showcased brilliant cricket performances on the field with its 8 teams including India, Pakistan, Australia, Bangladesh, Sri Lanka, South Africa, England and New Zealand. Four teams managed to climb to the Semi-final rounds among which three are Asian teams. In the first semi-final, England takes on Pakistan on Wednesday, 14th June and in the second semi-final, Bangladesh will play against India on Thursday, 15th June. Live-streaming can be telecast on Star Sports and Hotstar.
England defeating Australia was the first team to enter the Semis, followed by Bangladesh as second team conquering over New Zealand, followed by India as third defeating South Africa, and lastly Pakistan beating Sri Lanka came fourth.
Road towards Semi-Finals
England (A Group): Won 3 matches: Grabbed 6 points
- Triumphed over Bangladesh by 8 wickets
- Defeated New Zealand by 87 runs
- Beat Australia by 40 runs [Duckworth/Lewis Method] (quarter-final)
Bangladesh (A Group): Got 3 points
- Lost to England by 8 wickets
- Nil result against Australia (match was washed out because of rain)
- Defeated New Zealand by 5 wickets (quarter-final)
India (B Group): Got 4 points
- Defeated Pakistan by 124 runs [Duckworth/Lewis Method]
- Lost to Sri Lanka by 7 wickets
- Defeated South Africa by 8 wickets (quarter-final)
Pakistan (B Group): Got 4 points
- Lost to India by 124 runs [Duckworth/Lewis Method]
- Defeated South Africa by 19 runs [Duckworth/Lewis Method]
- Beat Sri Lanka by 3 wickets (quarter-final)
Semi-Finals & Final Schedule
- 1st Semi-final: (A1) England V/s (B2) Pakistan on Wednesday, 14th June
At Cardiff Wales Stadium, Cardiff [10.30 AM Local, 3.00 PM afternoon IST]
- 2nd Semi-final: (A2) Bangladesh V/s (B1) India on Thursday, 15th June
At Edgbaston, Birmingham [10.30 AM Local, 3.00 PM afternoon IST]
- Final: on Sunday, 18th Sunday
At The Oval, London [10.30 AM Local, 3.00 PM afternoon IST]
England Squad: Eoin Morgan (captain), Moeen Ali, Jake Bill, Jonny Bairstow, Alex Hales, Jos Buttler, Adil Rashid, Liam Plunkett, Jason Roy, Ben Stokes, Chris Woakes, Mark Wood, Steven Finn.
Bangladesh Squad: Mashrafe Mortaza (captain), Tamim Iqbal, Imrul Kayes, Soumya Sarkar, Mushfiqur Rahim, Shakib Al Hasan, Sabbir Rahman, Mosaddek Hossain, Mustafizur Rahman, Rubel Hossain, Taskin Ahmed, Sunzamul Islam, Mehedi Hasan, Shafiul Islam.
India Squad: Virat Kohli (captain), Rohit Sharma, Shikhar Dhawan, Ajinkya Rahane, Yuvraj Singh, Dinesh Karthik, MS Dhoni, Kedar Jadhav, Hardik Pandya, Ravichandran Ashwin, Ravindra Jadeja, Bhuvneshwar Kumar, Jasprit Bumrah, Umesh Yadav, Mohammed Shami.
Pakistan Squad: Sarfraz Ahmed (captain), Ahmed Shehzad, Babar Azam, Azhar Ali, Fahim Ashraf, Hasan Ali, Imad Wasim, Junaid Khan, Mohammad Amir, Shadab Khan, Mohammad Hafeez, Shoaib Malik, Wahab Riaz, Fakhar Zaman, Haris Sohail, Rumman Raees.
Jokes on ICC Champions Trophy
i) Champions Trophy 2017:
“England, India, Pakistan and Bangladesh” A nice reunion of the batch of 1947! Ha Ha.
ii) So finally we have Proud father (India), Selfish mother (England), Nalayak son (Pakistan) and Overconfident grandson (Bangladesh) all in the Semis. A super reunion of 1947 batch! LOL
iii) After today’s match watch, one can get to know, whether to see Lagaan or Border on Sunday! HeHe.
Well, all the best to the four teams- England, Pakistan, Bangladesh, and India! Among the four, two best teams will enter the final and play on Sunday, 18th June. Let’s see who wins the trophy of ICC Championships this year! You can enjoy the 2 Semi-final matches and Final match live streaming of ICC Champions Trophy on Hotstar and Star Sports. Stay updated!
Follow me as google.com/+SanghamitraRoychoudhary
Latest posts by Sanghamitra Roychoudhary (see all)
- ‘Kehne Ko Humsafar Hain’ Streaming Now On AltBalaji: A Unique Web Series - Mar 22, 2018
- Colors showcase a New Show “Bepannaah” from March 19 - Mar 20, 2018
- Effective Tips to Stay Perfectly Healthy At Your Office - Mar 15, 2018