The grand finale night of IPL season 11 is right here at the Wankhede Stadium, Mumbai. Everybody is super-excited and geared up to watch IPL’s two toughest teams, Chennai Super Kings, and Sunrisers Hyderabad come against each other on Sunday, 7 pm, 27th May. Yes, Sunrisers have made it to the final, overcoming all odds against KKR, whereas Super Kings already had a direct entry to the finals beating Hyderabad. So basically, Sunrisers Hyderabad made the best use of their second chance to climb up to the finale and this is their second time they reached finals.
This is CSK’s 7th-time finale entry and 2-times they’ve already won IPL. Chennai Super Kings first won against Mumbai Indians in 2010 and second time they won against Royal Challengers Bangalore in 2011. Sunrisers Hyderabad, on the other hand, Sunrisers Hyderabad won against Royal Challengers Bangalore in 2016.
A quick look at the last week’s match details:
- In Qualifier 1, CSK beat SRH by 2 wickets at Wankhede Stadium (Mumbai) on 22 May.
- In Eliminator, KKR beat RR by 14 runs at Eden Gardens (Kolkata) on 23 May.
- In Qualifier 2, SRH beat KKR by 25 runs at Eden Gardens (Kolkata) on 24 May.
- In Finale, CSK to play against SRH at Wankhede Stadium (Mumbai) on 27 May.
IPL High-Voltage Finale on Sunday, 27th May
- The 51-day long Twenty20 IPL carnival is at its climax point and waiting to deliver its winner.
- Two-time champions Chennai Super Kings [CSK] and Sunrisers Hyderabad will fight against each other in the finale clash of IPL 11 at Wankhede stadium.
- So far in their encounters, CSK have won against SRH two times during the league phase, and also won against them during the playoffs [in Q 1]; 3-0 record. So overall, CSK has a better chance to win over SRH in the finale.
- After a gap of two years, this IPL CSK would certainly want to win the finale for the 7th
- CSK have to showcase higher score with their strong batting line-up, and also at the same time, their bowers need to take quick wickets of SRH.
- Captain MS Dhoni has been on a roll throughout the season and has hardly lost the momentum with the old guards and new sensations firing in unison. He has to put up a super score for his team, along with other top batsmen.
- SRH will need captain Kane Williamson to get back into the stunning form he displayed in the league stage.
- If Chennai Super Kings have power-hitters like Ambati Rayadu, Shane Watson, Faf du Plessis and MS Dhoni among other players, then Sunrisers Hyderabad is having one of the best bowling attacks like all-rounder Rashid Khan, Bhuvneshwar Kumar, and Siddarth Kaul, and others.
- It would be interesting to see who is going to win the toss and what they will opt for first. The team who wins the toss first generally opts to field so that they can topple their opponent’s score.
- Whenever CSK and SRH play together, there are lots of twists and turns happening throughout the match and it is absolutely unpredictable till last.
- Chennai Super Kings Full Squad: Shane Watson, Faf Du Plessis, Suresh Raina, Ambati Rayudu, MS Dhoni (Captain), Dwayne Bravo, Ravindra Jadeja, Deepak Chahar, Harbhajan Singh, Shardul Thakur, Lungisani Ngidi, Karn Sharma, KM Asif, Kedar Jadhav, Murali Vijay, Mark Wood, Sam Billings, Muhammad Imran Tahir, Mitchell Santner, Lungisani Ngidi, Kshitiz Sharma, KM Asif, Monu Singh, Jagadeesan Narayan, Kanishk Seth, Dhruv Shorey, Chaitanya Bishnoi. Head Coach: Stephen Fleming. Batting Coach: Michael Hussey. Bowling Coach: Lakshmipathy Balaji.
- Sunrisers Hyderabad Full Squad: Shikhar Dhawan, Shreevats Goswami, Kane Williamson (Captain), Manish Pandey, Yusuf Pathan, Carlos Brathwaite, Bhuvaneshwar Kumar, Rashid Khan, Siddharth Kaul, Sandeep Sharma, Wriddhiman Saha, Shakib Hasan, Chris Jordan, Mohammad Nabi Eisakhil, Billy Stanlake, David Warner, Deepak Hooda, Syed Khaleel Ahmed, Basil Thampi, T Natarajan, Bipul Sharma, Mehdi Hasan, Ricky Bhui, Sachin Baby, Tanmay Agarwal. Coach: Tom Moody.
All the cricket fans, do watch out for the most thrilling IPL T20, Season 11 finale from 5 pm onward, closing ceremony, followed by Chennai Super Kings V/s Sunrisers Hyderabad match from 7 pm on Star Sports and Star Sports HD (Hindi and English) [television] and also on Hotstar Premium. Stay updated with the winner announcement!
As both teams are already in finals, they are the winners in their own ways. Well, Chennai team should win tonight with flying colors as they are the Super Kings! 🙂
Follow me as @SanghamitraRch on Twitter.
Latest posts by Sanghamitra Roychoudhary (see all)
A proficient Web Content Developer (Technical and Non-Technical Writer), Blogger, and Freelance Content Writer. A happy author of www.w3buzz.in! She is a creative person, always eager to learn new aspects, and seeking new ways for improving skills in her field. She loves traveling & photography; also, a sports enthusiast!
Follow me as @SanghamitraRch on Twitter.