Exhibited at 13th Auto Expo 2016 in February, Tata Hexa is definitely the most-awaited SUV to be released in India by next year January. Tata’s brand new Hexa SUV which is based on Aria crossover was spotted in October with the top-of-the-line XT variant. The production version of this car was noticed in Mumbai as it approached in a Metallic blue color. By now Hexa’s demo and text units have arrived at all the Tata dealerships. Pre-booking for Hexa is being accepted by the Tata Company from 1st November, and only in 2 days almost 250 orders are being registered. Tata Hexa is all set to launch on 16th January, 2017, with expected price ranging from Rs 13.00-Rs 18.00 Lakh.
Let’s check out quickly the details of Tata Hexa SUV below.
- Launch Date: The 7-seater Tata Hexa SUV will make its grand arrival mostly on 16th January, 2017. People who are interested to own this SUV can now pre-book Hexa by making payment of Rs 11,000, the initial amount. The rest can be paid when Hexa will be delivered by mid-January.
- Tata Hexa Price: Tata Hexa will come in two sections- one is compact SUV and other is premium SUV. Hexa SUV will appear in 2 diesel engines and also 3 transmission options. As the Hexa base XE model features 2.2L Varicor 320 mill along with 5-speed manual gearbox, the price is anticipated to begin at Rs 10 lakh. The top model of Hexa might price around Rs 15 lakh. The competitive price of Tata Hexa would vary from Rs 13 lakh to Rs 18 lakh.
- Hexa SUV Variants: Hexa SUV will be approaching in 6 variants- XE, XM, XT, XMA, XTA and XT 4*4 and also two diesel engine options- 2.2 liter VARICOR 320 and 2.2 liter VARICOR 400.
- Specifications of Hexa: Tata Hexa will add engine options including 2.2 liter, 4-cylinder, Safari Storme’s VARICOR 400, and also 2.2 liter VARICOR 320, accessible on XM, XT and XE trim correspondingly. VARICOR 400 returns a power capacity of 154.2bho at 4,000rpm and 320Nm coming between 1,700rpm-2,700rpm. Whereas, VARICOR 320 yields 148bhp at 4,000rpm and 400Nm at 1,700rpm-2,700rpm. Being the most powerful SUV, the Hexa will stand as the 2nd Tata SUV to add a 4-wheel drive-train system. The XE base has a 5-speed manual gearbox, whereas XM and XT trims have 6-speed manual and also 6-speed automatic units. The progressive Super Drive Modes system provides 4 distinct modes: Auto, Comfort, Dynamic and Rough Road. It will also have a new-generation Electronic stability program [ESP] thus offering an amazing experience while driving on any terrain.
Engine [XE] : 2.2 liter VARICOR 400
Max Power : 154.2bhp @ 4,000rpm
Max Torque : 320Nm @ 1,700rpm – 2,700rpm
Transmission : 5-speed Manual
Engine [XM and XT] : 2.2 liter VARICOR 320
Max Power : 148bhp @ 4,000rpm
Max Torque : 400Nm @ 1,700rpm – 2,700rpm
Transmission : 6-speed Manual and 6-speed Automatic
- Tata Hexa Dimensions: The length, width and height of Hexa SUV on the whole assess 4788mm, 1903mm, and 1791mm approximately. Hexa wheelbase of 2850mm guarantees a cabin that is spacious enough for occupants to sit comfortably. Hexa SUV can effortlessly drive on any kind of road conditions. Its fuel tank capacity is 60-liters.
Length/Width/Height : 4788mm/1903mm/1791mm
Wheelbase : 2850mm
Fuel Tank Capacity : 60-liter
Ground Clearance : 200mm
Turing Radius : 5.75mm
Seating Capacity : 6/7 Seater [XT] and 7-Seater [XE and XM]
- Features of Hexa SUV: Tata Hexa will approach in 3-trim levels, XE, XM and XT through manual and automatic gearbox. The base variant will be suitable with 5-speed manual gearbox; and mid-level and high-end trims will approach with 6-speed MT/AT alternatives backed by 4WD system. The top-end model is congregated with 19-inch larger alloy wheels, whereas base and mid-level variants depend on 16-inch steel wheels. Tata Hexa will also include Juke Car application which lets the customers to make connections to ten smartphones. Hexa even features a big 19-inch alloy wheels, foldable type key-fob, 10 speaker audio system, and voice activated commands for infotainment system and instrument cluster.
Key features of Tata Hexa include Projector headlamps, Instrument panel with a color MID and two circular dials, Honeycomb mesh grille, Touchscreen infotainment system along with part assist and navigation, Dual-tone paint scheme with dual-exhaust tips, 19-inch five-spoke alloy wheels, Wraparound LED, White and Black interior finish, New reflectors and a spoiler, Body colored door handles and wing mirrors along with assimilated turn indicators, Body cladding, and LED illumination for encompassing mood lighting.
Other essential features comprise of Blackened B, C and D pillars, Leather upholstery, Leather wrapped steering wheel, Four-drive modes, and All-wheel drive. Thus Tata Hexa is loaded with great features that would attract the customers at one go.
- Mileage: Hexa will most probably deliver better and higher fuel economy. Its estimate mileage in fuel efficiency might be between 12kmpl-15kmpl. The fuel type for Hexa will be diesel.
- Safety Features of Tata Hexa: Tata Hexa is filled with safety features as it guarantees the users a perfect safe and easy drive. Safety features add 6 airbags protection accessible on top-spec model, whereas dual airbags and ABS [Anti-Lock Braking System] approaches as standard. Other distinct safety equipments cover ESP [Electronic Stability Program], EBD [Electronic Brake Force Distribution], Vehicle dynamic control, Roll over alleviation, Hill descent control/Hill hold control, Traction control system, and Hydraulic brake assist.
–Electronic Brake-Force Distribution
–Anti-Lock Braking System [ABS]
–Brake Assist [BA]
–Traction Control System
–Electronic Stability Program [ESP]
–Rear Parking Sensors with Camera
- Tata Hexa Competition: Tata Hexa will come across tough competitions from rivals like Honda BRV, Renault Duster, Mahindra XUV500, Nissan Terrano, and Hyundai Creta.
- Exteriors of Tata Hexa: On the exterior front, Tata Hexa will characterize smoked projector head lamps, mesh grille, a massive hood, dual tone bumper in the front, body colored spoiler, body painted roof rails, 19-inch alloy wheels, dual tail pipes at rear, and ORVMs with incorporated turn indicators.
- Tata Hexa Interiors: In the interiors the cabin of Hexa is well-designed along with signature styling of Tata, and also traces of resemblance can be viewed with Aria particularly around door panels and dashboard. Other distinct features include Air-con ac vents and Steering wheel (borrowed from Bolt and Zest), USB Port, Harman sourced touch-screen infotainment system, Bluetooth connectivity, Aux-In, SD card connectivity and great space for passengers.
- Additional Details of Hexa SUV: Tata Hexa also includes additional details.
Braking System: Front and Rear – Disc
Suspension System: Front – Double wishbone type along with coil springs; Rear – Coil spring type 5 link rigid axle.
Type Size: XE and XM – 16-inch steel along with 235/70 R16; XT – 19-inch alloys along with 235/55 R19.
- Tata Hexa Colors: Tata Hexa will arrive in various colors including Blue, Grey, Silver, White, and Silver.
–Tata Hexa Arizona Blue
–Tata Hexa Sky Grey
– Tata Hexa Platinum Silver
– Tata Hexa Tungsten Silver
– Tata Hexa Pearl White
Well, as per the reports, Tata Company is anticipated to start dispatch of test drive Hexa models to its own dealerships very soon. In case they want to cancel, the booking amount will be refunded to them. When Tata launches Hexa on 16th January, 2017, this SUV will mostly be priced between Rs 13 lakh to Rs 18 lakh. So those people who are intending to buy Hexa can book it now for token amount of Rs 11,000 from their nearest showrooms.
Looking forward for the amazing new Hexa SUV presented by Tata next year! Stay updated.:)
Follow me as @SanghamitraRch on Twitter.
Latest posts by Sanghamitra Roychoudhary (see all)
A proficient Web Content Developer (Technical and Non-Technical Writer), Blogger, and Freelance Content Writer. A happy author of www.w3buzz.in! She is a creative person, always eager to learn new aspects, and seeking new ways for improving skills in her field. She loves traveling & photography; also, a sports enthusiast!
Follow me as @SanghamitraRch on Twitter.